Skip Navigation

International Students

Motlow Welcomes International Students

You have hopes and dreams to study in America. Motlow can help you. Our excellent faculty, diverse student population, and modern resources will help you develop important knowledge and skills.

You are an international student if you are a permanent resident or citizen of a country other than the United States who wants to study in America.


  • Apply to Motlow
  • Complete all admission requirements
  • Request an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) report be submitted to the Motlow Admissions Office. Minimum requirements are:
    • 500 on the paper-based test; or
    • 173 on the computer test; or
    • 61 on the internet-based test; or
    • 72 on the Michigan Test
  • Motlow does not administer the TOEFL and Michigan Test
  • Obtain and complete a financial statement from the Motlow Admissions Office
  • Submit evidence of high school graduation; or
    • Comprehensive GED score of 45 if taken before 2002; or
    • Comprehensive GED score of 450 if taken on or after 2002; or
    • GED score of 150 or higher in each subject area if taken after Jan. 2014
  • The HiSET examination diploma should request that the testing center send evidence of satisfactory completion of a score of 45 or higher, an official EDP transcript indicating the 65 required competencies, or graduation from a college or university
  • Request that transcripts be forwarded to the Admissions Office from each previously attended educational institution. Applicants should furnish transcripts of all secondary school and college-level studies accompanied by official English translations. The applicant is responsible for paying any cost for official translation of foreign language transcripts
  • Provide an official ACT/SAT report if you are less than 21 years old. (The ACT/SAT report is not required of applicants who are 21 years old or older.) ACT/SAT scores must be less than five years old as of the first day of the admitting term. Applicants without ACT/SAT scores or whose ACT/SAT scores are more than five years old should contact the Testing Center to schedule an ACT test. ACT/SAT scores on the high school transcript that are less than five years old are acceptable
  • Submit copies of appropriate examination certificates to the Admissions Office
  • If applying for admission pursuant to a student visa, submit a certificate from a licensed physician or other qualified medical authority verifying freedom from tuberculosis within thirty days from the first day of classes. Failure to submit certification shall result in denial of further enrollment or admission. If a student either has tuberculosis or has potential tuberculosis requiring medical treatment, continued enrollment will be conditioned upon the determination by a licensed physician that further enrollment does not present a risk to others and upon the student's compliance with any prescribed medical treatment program
  • If you do not have valid ACT/SAT scores, complete the entire ACCUPLACER test
  • Obtain health and accident insurance as a condition of admission and continued enrollment at the college. Minimum requirements for coverage set by the Tennessee Board of Regents are specified on the insurance form provided by the Admissions Office
  • Check your Motlow email account for important notifications
  • Check your MyMotlow account to track your admission status
Scroll to top