How to Register for HESI A2 Entrance Exam for EMT to RN Bridge Program
Please note that appointment dates may change at any time. It is imperative to check
your email on regular basis for updates.
HESI A2 Admission Exam
The entrance examination for the EMT to RN Bridge Motlow Nursing Program is the Admission
Assessment by Health Education Systems (HESI). The test covers math, reading comprehension,
vocabulary and general knowledge, grammar, anatomy and physiology, learning style
and personality profile assessments. Candidates are required to score 85% on the Admission
Assessment to be considered for the two-year nursing program. The entrance examination
is offered once-a-month March through August. Candidates should contact Evolve/Elsevier
to request a transcript of their score report to be sent to the Nursing Department.
Transcripts may also be requested through the Testing Center at Motlow.
HESI A2 Admission Exam EMT To RN Bridge Program
Health Education Systems publishes a guide to help you prepare for the exam. You may
purchase the HESI Admission Assessment Study Guide at Follett Bookstore or Amazon.
The study guide can be ordered from Elsevier
- Go to Elsevier
- Quick Search for "HESI Admission Assessment"
- UPS Delivery time is up to 14 days
How to Schedule a HESI A2 Test
The HESI A2 Entrance Exam is offered in two formats. Candidates can take the test
in-person or virtual with Proctor U.
Appointments for the in-person HESI A2 Entrance exam and a list of open dates are
available online through Register Blast. After completing the online registration
process and paying the appropriate testing fee, candidates will receive an email verification
and specific information about how to prepare for the test session. Registration is
available beginning in March through August.
The virtual test is offered through Proctor U. Before scheduling an appointment, please
review the nursing website for specific requirements and important deadlines at [email protected].
Dates and Locations
The computer-based format test is administered March through August through Proctor
U. Proctor U scheduling system is available 24/7.
How to Schedule a Test with Proctor U
Candidates who wish to schedule a virtual test must follow the directions listed below.
- Candidates must Create an Account with Proctor U
- Please go to www.ProctorU.com and follow the instructions for a new user. If you have previously set up an account
with Proctor U, you may not need to set up a new account
- Candidates need a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external),
Windows or Apple operating system, photo ID (government-issued)
- Proctor U provides free technical support to ensure the best testing experience
- Candidates should test their equipment before the testing session
- Candidates can view a walk-through video
- Candidates must Create or Update an Evolve Account
- Go to evolve.elsevier.com/cs/login to create an account. If you have an account with a previous email, please update
- Scheduling an Appointment with Proctor U for the Test
- Log in to your Proctor U account to schedule an appointment
- Select “Here to take an Exam”
- Select RN Admission Assessment – 1st-time tester exam for your first attempt or 2nd-time
tester exam if you have already taken the exam once this application year. Follow
the instructions for scheduling a time to take the HESI Exam
Day of the Test
- Log into your Proctor U account
- Go to hesiinet.elsevier.com
- Click on compatibility check
- Proctor U will enter a password that will allow the candidate to start the exam
- The candidate will have 4 hours to complete the exam
Helpful Tips for a Better Virtual Testing Experience
- Turn off pop-up blockers
- Please use the CHROME Browser for the test
- Read and view the help Information on the Proctor U website before testing
- On the test day, prepare for your appointment at least 15 minutes to 30 minutes before
the appointment. This will allow plenty of time to set up and finish preparing for
the test session
- Prepare in advance your computer and testing room for the test session
- While waiting for the proctor to join on the test day, do not exit and come back into
the room. Proctor U uses a queue system, and if you log out, you will have to wait
- Please be patient. Virtual online proctor sessions are different from live proctor
- If it seems like the virtual online proctor session is taking an extremely long time
to connect, stay connected. Try to reach Proctor U by telephone or live chat
- Please do not access software such as a screen reader during your exam. Testing accommodations,
including using a screen reader, must be approved through Disability Services before
your test date. Accessing software or other resources during your exam may invalidate
your test results
The non-refundable fee to test virtual with Proctor U is $63.50. All fees must be
paid when scheduling an appointment. The registration fee for the HESI entrance exam
must be paid online with a debit or credit card at the time of registration.
Candidates are eligible to take the test once every 30 days during the months of July
and August. Candidates are responsible for scanning and e-mailing the best HESI A2
Entrance Exam summary to the [email protected] by the deadline.
Transcript requests submitted to Elsevier will require 7-10 business days for processing.
An alternative option is requesting a copy of the HESI transcript from the Testing
Center at Motlow by using the link below.
Please contact the nursing department for a complete list of requirements for the
program. Scores are available for viewing after the test and valid for five years.