Traffic and Parking
All students will be expected to comply with the Motlow State Community College Parking and Traffic Policy.
- Enforcement: Fines/Penalties
- For student vehicles found to be in violation of this policy, the Public Safety department
may assess a fine.
- The first and second parking violation, during each academic year, except disabled parking violations, will result in a $10.00 charge for each violation.
- The charge for each regular violation thereafter will be $20.00 and a warning of disciplinary action.
- The fine for parking violations in areas designated for individuals with disabilities is established by statute T.C.A. § 55-21-108 and will be adjusted as required to remain in compliance with state law.
- Failure to resolve parking violations by payment in the Business Office or by appeal will result in an official hold being placed on all student records. Students, therefore, will neither be able to receive their grades for the current semester nor register for subsequent semesters.
- For student vehicles found to be in violation of this policy, the Public Safety department may assess a fine.
- Any student may appeal his or her notice of a vehicle registration/parking violation to the Dean of Students.
- Appeals must be made within one (1) week of the time of the citation for the violation.
- Ignorance of parking regulations will not be considered as a reason for appeal.
- The decision of the Dean of Students is final.
This policy is promulgated pursuant to, and in compliance with, TBR Rule 0240-02-03-.05 Traffic and Parking. To the extent that a conflict exists between this policy and TBR rule, policy and/or applicable law(s), the TBR rule, policy and/or law will control.
MSCC Parking & Traffic Policy – 5:10:08:00
- President’s Council Approved: February 23, 2016
- Effective Date/Approved: February 23, 2016
- Revised: January 26, 2016
Dean of Students